Milwaukee Jacket ES
a hoodie made out of water and wind resistant 3-layer softshell fabric. the cozy fleece interIor will keep you warm, the middle layer is not only water and wind resistant, it's also highly breathable to keep you dry even during vigorous riding. the outer layer is just there to be pretty. this jacket is fully loaded with bike friendly features and is functional on and off a bike. we've gotten so many rave reviews on this one since its inception (and it's only gotten better since then) i think we are safe to call it a classic.
- ES stand for extra special so you know it's good
- extra long armpit zippers for venting
- double cuffs for protection against cold drafts
- hood with improved visibility
- single large duck-style rear pocket with zippered side entries and mesh interior
- high hem in front to prevent bunching
- drop tail hem to keep you warm and respectable
- shoulder seams off pressure points
- waterproof Swiss-made Riri 2-way separator front zipper
- otherwise YKK zippers throughout
- reflective details
- stylish trim fit for everyday use
from a review of 5 winter jackets on cyclr.com on Sep 23, 203. find the entire review here
"Ok, I've gone on about how much I loved this jacket before, so forgive me, but I am still in mourning. This was, well, quite simply, this was my favourite. I am sorry to all my other jackets, I love you all dearly, honestly I do, but if I had to save only one of you from a burning room, it would have been Swrve. Don't hate me for it. Don't hold it against me. But it's true.
I love the look of Swrve's Wax Jacket, as a possible replacement, but honest to god I can't see how it will better the Milwaukee. I wore that thing in blizzards, actual blizzards, and coupled with a snood and a warm hat, in my mind, it was like cycling on a warm summer's afternoon. It's fleece lining wasn't just material, it was a cuddle. A cuddle from my coat. If they did a 'onesie' version of this, I'd bloody buy it. And I'd wear it everywhere.
Ok, the details: Soft shell, breathable, high neck and hood, water resistant (but I've road tested very inclement weather), fleece lined, long cut back and sleeves, armpit zips and looks very passable indeed off the bike.
And now I promise to stop going on about it. For a bit."
check out a video by bikeminimalism